Taxi Cabs companies: why geolocate vehicles?
Geolocation-assisted fleet management tools, applied in the field of passenger transport, can be very useful for entities such as taxi cabs companies.
Our Silver, Gold and Platinum softwares provide many features that might interest professionals in the taxi and ride-hailing industry. The needs of these professionals, in terms of fleet management, lie in the following points:
- Locate drivers and vehicles in real time, and identify the taxi cabs closest to an address for rapid customer support. A customer calls the switchboard, the operator looks for which vehicle is the nearest, he sends a mission notification to the driver and warns the customer of the distance at which he is, and possibly allows him to follow the taxi cab remotely until its arrival. Knowing that they are being watched, drivers also pay more attention to their journeys and make fewer detours. The customer is therefore served more quickly and appreciates the quality of the service, the company uses less fuel and the vehicles travel fewer kilometres.
- Recovering a stolen vehicle: if a vehicle is stolen, the fleet manager will send a starter cut-off command which will immobilize the vehicle as soon as the thief stops, and give the location of the vehicle to the police who will pick it up.
- Organize the parking of vehicles: quickly find the location where the vehicle is parked, in which car park, which saves additional time for the fleet manager, and avoids looking for a vehicle where it is not.
- Know in real time the activity of a vehicle: to know if the vehicle is in use, if it is on the way or at a standstill.
- Produce statistics and calculate the cabs using rate: to find out which vehicles are most used and the number of kilometers on the clock, in order to distribute vacant vehicles more evenly to drivers, which therefore makes it possible to better target vehicles requiring maintenance. To also know the time at which the driver of the vehicle started his day and at what time he finished, which has the rapid effect of making him responsible for his punctuality and respect for his working time.
- Consult the trip histories: allows the fleet manager to find all the driver’s journeys on the platform or by receiving them automatically by e-mail, count the number of trips, driving time and distance traveled, note traffic violations such as speeding, knowing the time slot (day/night/holiday) of a transport, and possibly checking the honesty of a driver by detecting undeclared work. Some of the fleet manager’s tasks are therefore automated, for example he will no longer need to manually enter the mileage of the vehicles, which will save him time and make him more comfortable in the execution of his work.
- Securing drivers against attacks or accidents: thanks to an alert button that we provide, react more quickly and call the emergency services. Make road safety prevention by controlling the speed of the vehicle, enforce the rules of eco-driving and reduce the risk of falling asleep at the wheel with the loss of attention detection, release the driver’s responsibilities thanks to the geolocation tracker Type 4 CRASHBOX, and the connected video system which provide access to a large amount of information prior to a possible crash, which will help avoid conflicts with insurance companies.
- Build a database of the entire fleet of vehicles and drivers: simplify the administrative tasks of the fleet manager by centralizing information and allowing him to organize himself better. Access vehicle information such as date of last maintenance, type of fuel or registration number, know who is driving which vehicle at any given time through the use of Dallas keys.
- Be alerted by SMS or e-mail: the fleet manager is notified in real time in the event of non-compliance with eco-driving instructions or authorized speed, if a vehicle enters or leaves the garage, or at a specific location such as the address of a regular customer or in an area where parking is not permitted.
- Know in real time the state of the fuel tank of the vehicles: anticipate visits to the fuel station, and protect yourself against fuel theft.
Contact us for more information about our products.