Fresh produce transport company: why geolocate vehicles?
Fleet management tools and integrated IT solutions, enhanced by geolocation, prove invaluable for entities involved in fresh produce transport, including delivery and transport companies.
Our Silver, Gold and Platinum software packages packages offer a range of features tailored to the specific requirements of fresh produce transport professionals. This includes temperature tracking and tracing to ensure the integrity of the cold chain. The key focus areas for these professionals in terms of fleet management are:
- Real-time tracking enables immediate identification of drivers and vehicles, allowing for swift intervention by pinpointing the closest vehicle to a given address: The fleet manager gains real-time insights into the activities of delivery personnel, monitoring whether they are driving or on break, and their specific location. This empowers and encourages adherence to working hours. In case of a customer pickup request, the manager efficiently identifies the nearest available vehicle, sends a mission notification to the driver, and informs the customer about the vehicle’s proximity. Remote tracking of the vehicle until it arrives is also possible. The awareness of being monitored promotes responsible driving, resulting in increased driver productivity, faster customer service, reduced fuel consumption, and fewer overall vehicle kilometers. With comprehensive visibility over the entire fleet, the operator can easily organize and optimize trips.
- Recovering a stolen vehicle: In the unfortunate event of vehicle theft, the fleet manager can promptly issue a starter cut-off command. This command effectively immobilizes the vehicle as soon as the thief comes to a halt, while simultaneously providing the precise location to the police for swift recovery.
- Organize the parking of vehicles: Efficiently locate the parked vehicle’s position, including the specific car park, saving valuable time for the fleet manager and eliminating the need to search for a vehicle in the wrong location.
- Know in real time the activity of a vehicle: The fleet manager can seamlessly monitor the operational status of a vehicle, whether it is in motion or stationary, while also staying informed about the fuel tank’s fill level. This functionality aids in identifying any suspicious fuel withdrawals and allows precise tracking of vehicles that require refueling. Through the real-time delivery tracking tool, the fleet manager can monitor the vehicle and delivery personnel, receiving timely email or SMS notifications at each stage of the route. This ensures proactive communication with customers, alerting them to the impending arrival of the delivery personnel and allowing for advance notice in case of delays. Additionally, it guarantees thorough verification of each designated checkpoint.
- Consult the trip histories: Enables the fleet manager to access and review all of the driver’s journeys seamlessly on the platform or receive them automatically via email. The system facilitates tracking essential metrics such as the number of trips, driving time, and distance covered, as well as identifying and documenting traffic violations like speeding. Additionally, it provides insights into the time slots (day/night/holiday) during transportation, allowing for comprehensive oversight. Furthermore, the system aids in verifying the integrity of a driver by detecting potential instances of undeclared work. By automating tasks such as mileage tracking, the platform significantly streamlines the fleet manager’s responsibilities, saving time and enhancing operational efficiency.
- Produce statistics and calculate the vehicles using rate: To discern the most frequently utilized vehicles and assess their mileage, facilitating a more equitable distribution of available vehicles among drivers. This proactive approach enhances the targeted identification of vehicles in need of maintenance. Additionally, it allows tracking the start and end times of a driver’s day, promoting accountability for punctuality and adherence to working hours.
- Securing drivers against attacks or accidents: Facilitate swift response and emergency assistance by incorporating an alert button, promoting proactive road safety measures such as speed control, adherence to eco-driving guidelines, and mitigating the risk of driver fatigue through loss of attention detection. Enhance driver accountability with the geolocation tracker Type 4 CRASHBOX and the connected video system, providing comprehensive information pre-incident. This not only aids in accident prevention but also streamlines interactions with insurance companies, potentially minimizing conflicts.
- Build a database of the entire fleet of vehicles and drivers: Streamline the fleet manager’s administrative duties by centralizing information, providing easy access to crucial vehicle details like the date of last maintenance, fuel type, or registration number. Facilitate real-time tracking of drivers and vehicle assignments using Dallas keys, enabling efficient organization and management.
- Be alerted by SMS or e-mail: The operator receives instant notifications for any non-compliance with instructions, eco-driving, or authorized speed. Notifications are triggered when a vehicle enters or exits the garage, arrives at specific locations like a regular customer’s address, a rest area, or areas where parking is not permitted. This real-time monitoring ensures prompt awareness and intervention in critical situations.
- Control the exit of pallets from trucks to avoid theft and disappearance of packages: If a customer lodges a complaint about an undelivered pallet, the fleet manager can address the issue by reviewing the history of door openings. This can be achieved by installing a provided sensor or a smart padlock. This technology ensures that the fleet manager can verify whether the driver adhered to designated delivery sites, preventing unauthorized stops and door openings.
- Respect hygiene measures and temperatures: The fleet manager can actively monitor real-time temperature levels in refrigerated trucks by implementing sensors. This enables them to ensure the proper functioning of equipment, verify the integrity of the cold chain, and guarantee the preservation of goods’ quality.
- Achieve fuel and maintenance savings: Eco-driving, embraced by trained drivers, promotes fuel efficiency and eco-friendly driving practices, resulting in reduced fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. This approach allows the company to communicate its commitment to sustainable development responsibly. Moreover, eco-driving contributes to decreased vehicle wear through smoother driving, enhancing the longevity of crucial components such as the engine and tires.
Contact us for more information about our products.