Some more details about GloboConnect’s features and equipment provided
Dear sir, thank you for your interest in our company!
Our primary focus is on tracking, but we also specialize in various areas related to embedded computing. While this list is not exhaustive, here are some of the key areas we cover:
– Tracking and its associated functionalities include:
- 1 position per minute with a historical data retention period of 2 to 6 months (duration varies based on local regulations).
- Trip report: Provides information about a vehicle’s journey, whether it is stationary (ignition off), paused (stationary with ignition on), or in motion. A trip is considered to start when the ignition is turned on and ends when it is turned off.
- Position history: Provides a comprehensive record of all the sequential positions recorded by the vehicle tracker, categorized based on the vehicle’s state. The table includes details for each position, such as the vehicle’s state, date and time of recording, speed, input status, and address information if geocoded.
- Exporting reports: You can export your data from various features in different formats to use them with different software applications, including PDF, Excel, Word, Open Office, Power Point, RTF, and more.
- Speed reports: These reports allow you to monitor a vehicle’s speed, helping you identify instances of speeding and take appropriate action when necessary.
- Stops/pauses reports: These reports provide information on the number of stops or pauses made by one or more vehicles and the duration of each stop or pause. They help you track how long a driver stopped at a delivery point, identify unscheduled stops or pauses, and manage time more effectively.
- Stops summary: This report provides a list of all the stops made by a vehicle, along with their locations and frequencies. For example, if you suspect a driver of misusing company time and vehicle to meet friends and relatives at the same location every Monday between 3 am and 4 am, this report will help you identify all the places where the vehicle was parked during those times, providing evidence of non-work-related activities.
- Tracking sharing with a third party: This feature enables you to share real-time geolocation information with someone else using a file that can be viewed on Google Earth. For instance, if you’re transporting goods for a customer, this allows them to track your vehicles’ positions and estimate their proximity to the destination point.
- Vehicle management interface: This feature provides you with an interface where you can access a list of all the vehicles associated with your user account. It allows you to view details such as the type of trackers they are equipped with, the most recent communication sent, and enables you to make modifications like changing their names, icons, maximum speeds, fuel consumption data, tank capacity, last maintenance date, and more.
- Setting up points of interest (POI): This feature enables you to create and manage POIs, which are specific locations or areas that are strategically important for your company. POIs can be used to generate reports related to these points, ensuring that all your customers have been visited, verifying the punctuality of your delivery personnel, and more. You can also replace an address with the nearest POI and track attendance rates at these locations.
- Nearest vehicle: This feature enables you to quickly locate the nearest vehicle(s) to a specific point of interest (POI) or a geocoded address. Whether you have an emergency, need to visit a customer or supplier urgently, or require swift action, you can obtain a list of the closest available vehicles and contact the driver to dispatch them to the desired location promptly.
- Activity summary: With this feature, you can easily compare the activity of multiple vehicles over the same period. This can be valuable for optimizing schedules, identifying which vehicles are utilized more frequently than others, and gaining insights into your fleet’s overall productivity.
- Accidentology module: This module allows for a second-by-second analysis of the minute(s) leading up to a crash, providing valuable insights into the events leading to the accident.
- Delivery module: This module enables you to receive notifications at each stage of a delivery round and automatically notify the customer of the delivery with a remote tracking link. This ensures that the customer is prepared when your driver arrives at the destination.
- Agricultural parcel module: This module enables you to track the movements of vehicles within a plantation. It ensures that all areas of the parcel have been treated or harvested, among other things.
- Remote starter cut-off: This feature allows you to immobilize a vehicle remotely, which can be useful in cases of theft or to prevent the vehicle from being used outside of specific time slots, among other things.
- Management of black-spots: This feature helps users manage risk areas where specific speed thresholds can be defined, such as near schools, dangerous bends, or degraded roads. When a vehicle approaches these areas, the driver is alerted by a buzzer to ensure compliance with speed limits and enhance safety.
- Automatic receipt of reports: This functionality streamlines the user experience by allowing the automatic delivery of reports via email, eliminating the need to log in and saving time on the software. Users can configure the reports they need and receive them directly in their email inbox, ensuring they stay informed without the hassle of manual retrieval.
– Eco-driving: The eco-driving feature generates a monthly index of “good driving” for a vehicle or driver by analyzing various data points. This report serves multiple purposes, including raising driver awareness and implementing sanctions to prevent accidents and reduce maintenance costs resulting from abnormal vehicle use. Additionally, it helps save on fuel consumption, lower CO2 emissions, and promote an environmentally friendly policy to customers.
– Alarms on events: You have the flexibility to configure alarms for one, several, or specific categories of vehicles based on various events. These events can include the activation or deactivation of the vehicle’s ignition, sensors, entry or exit from predefined points of interest (POIs), overspeeding, and more. Essentially, alarms can be triggered for any event that necessitates immediate attention or special monitoring.
– Embedded video: This feature involves the installation of a connected system for recording videos from dashcams. It allows you to view live footage captured both inside and outside the vehicle in real time using a 4G connection. (https://www.globoconnect-europe.com/en/2022/04/13/why-should-you-have-dashcams/)
– CANBUS information management: This feature allows you to access and manage all the data processed by the embedded computer, including information about speed, RPM, maintenance, fuel consumption, and more.
– Driver identification: This feature enables you to create a file for each of your drivers, helping you determine who was driving or has driven a vehicle at a specific time. It also provides nominative eco-driving reports, prevents unauthorized individuals from using a vehicle. The drivers must be equipped with individual identification badges and your vehicles with badge readers.
– DMS – Driver Monitoring System: This feature involves a device that detects and records events such as drowsiness, distraction, phone use, smoking, etc., in order to alert the driver to potential dangers and help prevent accidents. (https://www.globoconnect-europe.com/en/2022/04/14/loss-of-attention-detector-safety-first/)
– ADAS – Advanced Driver Assistance Systems: This feature requires a device to ensure that safety distances are respected, detect obstacles, and monitor activities such as crossing continuous lines. It can record all these events for further analysis and safety improvement.
– BSD – Blind Spot Detection: This feature requires a device to detect vehicles and pedestrians in blind spots, enhancing overall safety and reducing the risk of accidents.
– Impact, Rollover, and Tilt Detection: This system comprises a 110dB loudspeaker compliant with ATEX standards and a crashbox equipped with a 3D accelerometer. It analyzes driver behavior and vehicle shocks. In case of an impact, rollover, or tilt event, the system triggers an alert, sounding an alarm through the loudspeaker. Simultaneously, an alert is sent to a remote operator, ensuring real-time notification of the incident. This immediate response helps protect nearby populations from potential dangers like explosions or contamination. -> https://www.globoconnect-europe.com/en/rollover-detection-2/
– Sensor Management: This feature allows you to manage various sensors such as temperature sensors, opening sensors, power take-off sensors, and trailer identification sensors. It enables you to monitor or receive alerts about specific activities on the vehicle, ensuring the integrity of sensitive cargo like maintaining the cold chain for temperature-sensitive goods. (https://www.globoconnect-europe.com/en/2022/04/14/are-my-workers-fraudulently-using-my-companys-equipment/)
– Messaging: This feature allows you to send messages to drivers, and it requires the use of the Titan Android touchscreen. It facilitates communication and information exchange with drivers while they are on the road. (https://www.globoconnect-europe.com/en/2022/04/06/our-on-board-computer-and-multimedia-solution-the-all-in-one-embedded-touchscreen-and-the-titan-android-multitasking-interactive-software/)
– Management of drivers’ driving and rest times: You have the option to set thresholds for daily and weekly driving times, rest times between two driving periods, daily rest times, and rest times over the last 7 days. This feature helps ensure compliance with regulations governing drivers’ working hours and rest periods.
– Personal trackers: These devices are designed for tracking people using autonomous trackers. They offer the capability to trigger an alarm in case of danger, detect a drop in heart rate, and feature a “dead man” function that detects a fall or prolonged inactivity of a person. These trackers are useful for ensuring the safety and well-being of individuals, especially in situations where their security is a concern.
– Intelligent padlocks: These padlocks are designed to secure barriers, trailers, containers, and other items. They are equipped with geolocation capabilities and can only be opened with a configurable RFID card, which can be assigned to a specific padlock or person. Additionally, these padlocks can be remotely controlled through the software, and an alarm can be triggered in case of unauthorized opening, sabotage, or movement outside predefined points of interest (POI). This provides enhanced security and monitoring for valuable assets and locations. (https://www.globoconnect-europe.com/en/2022/04/11/the-smart-padlock-a-connected-electronic-padlock-for-trailers-and-containers/)
– Smart fuel cap: This device is designed to receive alerts in case of attempted fuel theft. It analyzes the direction of rotation and detects attempts to open it. In the event of an inappropriate attempt, a signal is sent to the tracker, which triggers an audible alert and sends an alarm to the server. Fuel tank refill events are also logged, allowing the fleet manager to know when and where the tank was opened. The driver has a receiver that notifies them if the cap is being tampered with without their knowledge.
You can also explore our website for more information, and visit our LinkedIn page (https://www.linkedin.com/company/globoconnect) to stay updated on our latest news and updates.
The main points have been outlined above, but we also have additional systems. As developers and proprietors of our solutions, we have the capability to create products tailored to the specific needs of our customers.
Thank you for reading us, in the hope of having your feedback!
The GloboConnect Group.