Some more details about GloboConnect’s features and equipment provided
Dear sir, thank you for your attention to our company!
Our main activity is tracking but also everything related to embedded computing. Without being exhaustive, here are the areas we deal with:
– The tracking and the functionalities which result from it:
- 1 position per minute with a history of 2 to 6 months (depends on local regulations).
- Trip report: allows you to obtain information on the trip of a vehicle that is stopped (ignition off), paused (immobile, ignition on) or in motion. A trip is defined between the moment the ignition is on until the moment it is off.
- Position history: allows you to obtain all the successive positions recorded by the vehicle tracker according to the state of the vehicle. The table therefore lists for each position the state of the vehicle, the date and the time at which it was recorded , speed, input and address if geocoded.
- Exporting reports: export your data from some features in different formats in order to use them in several softwares: PDF, Excel, Word, Open Office, Power Point, RTF….
- Speed reports: to monitor a vehicle’s speeding.
- Stops/pauses reports: allows you to know the number of stops or pauses for one or more vehicles, and how long it lasted. You can thus check how long a driver stopped at a delivery point, or detect unscheduled stops or pauses.
- Stops summary: lists all the stops of a vehicle by location (and within a radius around this location) with their frequency. E.g: you suspect a driver to use his worktime and your vehicle to meet his relatives and friends near the same place every monday between 3am and 4am, you’ll get a list of every places he parked his vehicles and get a proof he wasn’t working.
- Tracking sharing with a third party: allows you to share geolocation information in real time (and only) with someone through a file readable on Google Earth. This can possibly allow your customers, in the case where you transport their goods for example, to know the position of your vehicles and to know how far they are from the point of arrival.
- Vehicle management interface: allows you to consult the list of all the vehicles attached to your user account, to know the type of trackers which equip them and the last communication emitted, to modify their names, their icons, their maximum speeds, data fuel consumption and tank capacity, the date of their last maintenance, etc.
- Setting up points of interest: defining a POI allows you to edit reports concerning strategic points for your company (make sure that all your customers have been visited, make sure that your delivery people have arrived on time at a place given…), to replace an address with the nearest point of interest and to know the attendance rates of these POIs.
- Nearest vehicle: allows you to locate the closest vehicle(s) to a POI or a geocoded address. Do you have an emergency, a customer or a supplier that needs to be visited quickly? You can get the list of the nearest available vehicle and contact the driver to go there immediately.
- Activity summary: you can quickly compare the activity of several vehicles over the same period. This can be used to optimize schedules, detect which vehicles are used more than others…
- Accidentology module: enables second-by-second analysis of the minute(s) preceding a crash and to get a clue on what happened.
- Delivery module: allows you to receive notifications at each stage of a delivery round, and to automatically notify the customer of its delivery with a remote tracking link so that he is already prepared when your driver gets on destination.
- Agricultural parcel module: allows you to follow the movements of vehicles in a plantation, to ensure, for example, that all the areas of the parcel have been treated/harvested, etc.
- Remote starter cut-off to immobilize a vehicle to recover it in the event of theft, to prevent it from being used outside a time slot, etc.
- Management of black-spots: risk areas in which the user can define speed thresholds not to be exceeded, such as schools, dangerous bends, a degraded road… The driver is warned by a buzzer when he is approaching.
- Automatic receipt of reports to avoid having to log in and wasting time on the software by only receiving what you need.
– Eco-driving: provides a monthly index of “good driving” for a vehicle or driver by analyzing different data. The eco-driving report can be used, among other things, for raising awareness or sanctioning drivers to avoid accidents and limit maintenance costs due to abnormal use of the vehicle, to save on fuel consumption, reduce CO2 consumption and promote its environmental policy to customers.
– Alarms on events: you can set an alarm for one, several, or a category of vehicles, for any type of event occurring, such as the activation or deactivation of the contact, of a sensor, or even the entering or leaving a POI, overspeeding, etc. More generally, any type of event that may require an urgent reaction or special monitoring.
– Embedded video: requires the installation of a connected system for recording videos from dashcams, with the possibility of viewing live images filmed inside or outside the vehicle using a 4G connection. (https://www.globoconnect-europe.com/en/2022/04/13/why-should-you-have-dashcams/)
– CANBUS information management: to get all the data processed by the embedded computer such as speed, RPM, maintenance, fuel consumption, etc.
– Driver identification: creation of a file for each of your drivers, to find out who is driving, or was driving a vehicle at a given time, get nominative eco-driving reports, prevent the use of a vehicle by an unauthorized person… The drivers must be equipped with individual identification badges and your vehicles with badge readers.
– DMS – Driver Monitoring System: requires a device to detect and record events of drowsiness, distraction, use of the telephone, cigarettes, etc. It is the perfect tool to avoid accidents by alerting the driver of a danger if he keeps driving. (https://www.globoconnect-europe.com/en/2022/04/14/loss-of-attention-detector-safety-first/)
– ADAS – Advanced Driver Assistance Systems: requires a device to makes sure that safety distances are respected, detecting an obstacle, a continuous line crossing etc. All the events can be recorded.
– BSD – Blind Spot Detection: requires a device to detect vehicles and people in blind spots.
– Impact, rollover and tilt detection: made up of a 110dB loudspeaker that meets the ATEX standard, and a crashbox, a high-tech device with a 3D accelerometer that analyzes driver behavior and shocks to the vehicle. The remote operator is thus warned in real time of the incident, and the neighboring populations are asked to move away from the damaged vehicle in order to protect them from any danger linked to a potential explosion or contamination. -> https://www.globoconnect-europe.com/en/rollover-detection-2/
– Sensor management: temperature sensor, opening sensor, power take-off sensor, identification of towed trailer, etc. Allows you to keep track or be alerted of a monitored activity on the vehicle, avoid breaking the cold chain… (https://www.globoconnect-europe.com/en/2022/04/14/are-my-workers-fraudulently-using-my-companys-equipment/)
– Messaging: sending messages to drivers, requires the Titan Android touch screen. (https://www.globoconnect-europe.com/en/2022/04/06/our-on-board-computer-and-multimedia-solution-the-all-in-one-embedded-touchscreen-and-the-titan-android-multitasking-interactive-software/)
– Management of drivers’ driving and rest times: possibility of defining thresholds for daily and weekly driving times, rest times between two driving periods, daily rest times, rest times over the last 7 days…
– Personal trackers: tracking people via an autonomous tracker with the possibility of triggering an alarm in the event of danger, detection of a drop in heart rate, “dead man” function which detects a fall or prolonged inactivity of a person.
– Intelligent padlocks to close barriers, trailers, containers… They are geolocated and can only be opened with a configurable RFID card (cards allocated to a padlock or to a person…) or by receiving a remote command from the software. An alarm can be sent in case of opening, sabotage, movement outside POI… (https://www.globoconnect-europe.com/en/2022/04/11/the-smart-padlock-a-connected-electronic-padlock-for-trailers-and-containers/)
– Smart fuel cap to receive alerts in case of attempted fuel theft. It analyzes the direction of rotation and detects attempts to open it. In the event of an inappropriate attempt, a signal is sent to the tracker, which triggers an audible alert and sends an alarm to the server. Fuel tank refill events are also logged, allowing the fleet manager to know when and where the tank was opened. The driver has a receiver that notifies them if the cap is being tampered with without their knowledge.
You can also browse our website in addition to the mentioned links, and visit our Linkedin page (https://www.linkedin.com/company/globoconnect) to see our latest news.
The main points have been defined above but we have other systems. We are developers and owners of our solutions and are able to create products according to the needs of our customers.
Thank you for reading us, in the hope of having your feedback!
The GloboConnect Group.