Transport of hazardous products: why geolocate vehicles?
Geolocation-assisted fleet management tools, applied to the transport of hazardous materials (fuel, toxic waste, flammable products, etc.), can be very useful for entities such as transport companies.
Our Silver, Gold and Platinum software provides many features to hazardous materials transportation professionals. The needs of these professionals, in terms of fleet management, lie in the following points:
- Locate drivers and vehicles in real time, and identify the closest trucks to an address for rapid customer support. A customer calls the switchboard, the operator looks for which vehicle is the nearest, he sends a mission notification to the driver and warns the customer of the distance at which he is, and possibly allows him to follow the truck remotely until its arrival. Knowing that they are being watched, drivers also pay more attention to their journeys and make fewer detours. The customer is therefore served more quickly and appreciates the quality of the service, the company uses less fuel and the vehicles travel fewer kilometres.
- Organize the parking of vehicles: quickly find the location where the vehicle is parked, which saves additional time for the fleet manager, and avoids looking for a vehicle where it is not.
- Know the status of a vehicle in real time (stopped, running, paused, charging, etc.) and plan deliveries: the fleet manager knows if a vehicle is in use, whether it is on the road or at a standstill, as well as knowing the filling status of its fuel tank which helps to identify suspicious withdrawals and knows exactly which vehicle requires to refuel. The fleet manager can follow the movements of a vehicle and its deliverer in real time thanks to the delivery tracking tool, and will receive notifications by e-mail or SMS at each new stage of his route, which will make it possible to warn customers of the imminent arrival of the deliverer, to anticipate delays by warning the customer, and to ensure that each of the crossing points has been visited.
- Securing drivers against attacks or accidents: thanks to an alert button that we provide, react more quickly and call the emergency services. Make road safety prevention by controlling the speed of the vehicle, enforce the rules of eco-driving and reduce the risk of falling asleep at the wheel with the loss of attention detection, release the driver’s responsibilities thanks to the geolocation tracker Type 4 CRASHBOX, and the connected video system which provide access to a large amount of information prior to a possible crash, which will help avoid conflicts with insurance companies. The geolocation tracker Type 4 CRASHBOX can be inserted into a protective case that will protect it in the event of an explosion.
- Produce statistics and calculate the vehicles using rate: to find out which vehicles are most used and the number of kilometers on the clock, in order to distribute vacant vehicles more evenly to drivers, which therefore makes it possible to better target vehicles requiring maintenance. To also know the time at which the driver of the vehicle started his day and at what time he finished, which has the rapid effect of making him responsible for his punctuality and respect for his working time.
- Consult the trip histories: allows the fleet manager to find all the driver’s journeys on the platform or by receiving them automatically by e-mail, count the number of trips, driving time and distance traveled, note traffic violations such as speeding, knowing the time slot (day/night/holiday) of a transport, and possibly checking the honesty of a driver by detecting undeclared work. Some of the fleet manager’s tasks are therefore automated, for example he will no longer need to manually enter the mileage of the vehicles, which will save him time and make him more comfortable in the execution of his work.
- Achieve fuel and maintenance savings: drivers trained in eco-driving adopt economical and more ecological driving, which has the effect of reducing fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. The company will thus be able to communicate on its responsible approach to sustainable development. Eco-driving also reduces vehicle wear thanks to smoother driving, taking better care of the engine, tires, etc.
- Control the fuel withdrawals of tanker trucks and their tanks to limit fuel theft: with sensors that we provide, the fleet manager can know in real time if an emptying operation has been activated in an abnormal place. The fleet manager can also compare the filling levels of a tank between two delivery points, thanks to a tank opening sensor or a fuel probe in the tank, and can therefore detect withdrawals and possible thefts of merchandise.
- Build a database of the entire fleet of vehicles and drivers: simplify the administrative tasks of the fleet manager by centralizing information and allowing him to organize himself better. Access vehicle information such as date of last maintenance, type of fuel or registration number, know who is driving which vehicle at any given time through the use of Dallas keys.
- Be alerted by SMS or e-mail: the operator is notified in real time in the event of non-compliance with instructions, eco-driving or authorized speed; if a vehicle enters or leaves the garage, or at a specific location such as the address of a regular customer, a rest area or an area where parking is not permitted; if a vehicle undergoes a shock or rollover potentially dangerous for the environment or local populations.
Contact us for more information about our products.